Lord’s Prayer Devotional, Part 4
Read: Psalm 115:2-3,16; 135:6 and Genesis 1:28-31
- Where is the Lord’s will done?
Ponder: What keeps his will from being done everywhere at all times?
Consider: The word “will” means—desire, pleasure. Most, if not all, parenting battles center around will. The question is whose “will” will prevail?
- Praying “Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven” is battle language. Why?
Pray: Spend time asking the Father, “What role am I playing in the battle? Do my actions invite your will into my life and into the world around me or do they resist it?”
Read: Romans 7:15-25 & Galatians 5:16-17. What forces keep the Father’s will from being done in your life?
Read: Matt. 26:39 & 42. How did Jesus handle this battle?
How does Jesus equip us to live out the prayer, “Your will be done…” (Heb. 13:21)?
- Praying, “Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven” gives incredible Hope – no matter what happens it is not outside of His control and ability to bring redemption into any situation.
- Praying “your will be done” gives an incredible challenge – to surrender to it and allow his will to work over my entire life
- Praying “your will be done” gives an incredible new calling – to be an agent of His will rather than my own.